Most schools use Title 1 or LCAP funds (CA only) to pay for our program. See how you can justify using our program.
TITLE 1 Funding
Coast 2 Coast Coaching has received assurances from the California Department of Education Title 1 office that our Lunch-Recess STEM and Soccer Program meets the requirement for Principals to use their Title 1 funding. It is advised that you include our program in your School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
Below are a justifications to include our program as part of your Title 1 funds:
Coast 2 Coast decreases disciplinary referrals, which will improve attendance and lower suspension rates.
The program incentivizes students to come to school, which will improve attendance rates.
Our STEM component increases engagement in STEM academics and will help improve grades.
Coast 2 Coast, from increasing school attendance, will in turn improve academic achievement.
Coast 2 Coast suggests to write our program into your District LCAP. However, often school Principals will use their discretionary funding to help meet their identified goals.
Coast 2 Coast Coaching aligns with the following LCAP State Priorities:
- Priority #6 School Climate: It has proven that our program can decrease disciplinary referrals by up to 79%. See newspaper article from Bakersfield Californian.
- Priority #8 Student outcomes: Our program will significantly add to the emphasis on physical activity within the school.
- Priority #5 Student Engagement: our program incentivizes students to come to school, which will increase attendance rates.
- Priority #2 Implementation of CA Academic Standards: Our STEM and soccer curriculum is aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards & PE Academic Standards.
- Priority #4 Student Achievement: Coast 2 Coast, from increasing school attendance, will in turn improve academic achievement. Our program increases interest in STEM, which will increase test scores.